Friday, March 29, 2013

Five Favorites Friday!

To be honest, right now, I would love to vent and rant about the unfairness of life. However, I'm not going to do it. Instead, I'm going to turn my mind to "higher things" and ponder my five favorite things. This isn't quite "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" fare, but it's the first of my five favorite things.

1. Sunsets, especially the ones behind my home. For Fullerton, these tend to be fairly majestic.


2. My son sleeping. You would think I would outgrow this. I mean, really, he's 12 now. Yet, there is something still angelic about him as he sleeps. I thought I had a pic of him sleeping, but, alas, they don't exist.

3. Thursdays at 9 p.m. This signals the end of my work week. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE my job. I have the pleasure of molding young minds, BUT it's hard work, especially for someone who is really more introverted than extroverted. I hide my anxiety about this fairly well. But there is anxiety there, nonetheless, and Monday through Thursday, I have to pray to GOD and let Him work it out with me, so the feeling I have on Thursdays at 9 p.m. is one of peace and relief.

4. The smell of water and sunscreen. It can be at a pool or the beach. It doesn't really matter, but it gives me a tingly feeling and takes me back to my teen years in the 80s.


5. My husband's belly laugh. Life so often gets in the way. We get wrapped up in the struggles of daily living, and his job as an elementary school teacher isn't the easiest with our current culture. When he laughs his full on belly laugh, it tickles my soul. There is something lighthearted about it that makes everything in our house seem right in that moment.


What about you? What tickles your fancy? What gets you going?

No comments:

Post a Comment